Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

African Flower Crochet Laptop Case


A few days ago, I found this gorgeous motif and just had to try it out. Saturday afternoon, James and I trekked into Kennesaw and picked up my choices of yarn - hot pink, lime green, bright yellow, and orange. The entire bag is made of 17 hexagons, each measuring about 5" across the flats. Hopefully, I will be able to post the "production" photos soon as the seaming is rather difficult to figure out. The clasps are Velcro dots.

My cotton stock has also been replenished. I have a few cones coming from my mom in Maine, and have 3 full balls of leftover cotton from the bag. I will also purchase some holiday colored ombre cotton to get started on my Christmas gifts.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! i really love your laptop bag. its very very beautiful. i love it. could you give me instructions on how to make it. i do crochet. I recently bought a laptop of 8" and would like to make it a beautiful cover.

    hope to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is the link for the laptop bag PDF download.

    http://ataubin.blogspot.com/2010/09/african-flower-laptop-case-construction.html

    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete